Well, this month is an absolute bitumen buster!
What is happening?
Our brilliant guests will know, but for those that don’t, we are a Sufferfest embassy here at C&G. In an Aussie first, they have started something pretty cool and it has just arrived in Geelong!
What is The Sufferfest?
Sufferfest is state of the art immersive real cycling big screen experience in our studio. A collection of high-intensity cycling workouts designed by elite sports scientists and customized for our studio. A “virtual” experience, guests can be competing against each other in the Tour De France or cycling the streets of Geelong. Cinematic cycling- sound cool? It is! Sufferfest has, of course, different levels from very easy to extreme. Extreme athletes have described it as some of the most grueling and boundary-pushing workouts known to humankind. If you think I am exaggerating, come and take the challenge!
The team at Sufferland (yes that’s their headquarters) have taken things to a whole new level of sports-tech and this is the source of our greatest high fives. In an Australian first- we have opened a Sufferfest Yoga space.
A Yoga Space and it all starts with Abi Carver
Abi Carver is the worldwide expert on Yoga for athletic performance and recovery. Abi has teamed with Sufferfest and yours truly to create an innovative new Program. Yoga for Cyclists Programme is a fully integrated program for cyclists and features pre and post-workout yoga sessions to target your Core, Flexibility, Posture, Recovery, and Breathing. Pretty impressive right?
Abi’s program is one of the best in the world and when you combine this with the health and performance benefits- what’s not to love?
So how does this type of yoga provide these critical elements for the person?
- Yoga increases body awareness- crucial for performance.
- It increases Proprioception- the proprioceptors in the body are like sensors that relay information about muscle tension, positioning, muscle length and joint angle.
- Stabilisation and balance- equilibrium is everything, and any sports mechanic will tell you that these two are crucial to results and work synergistically with all other moves. Stability is also essential for dynamic movement.
- Posture- to help avoid and reduce the likelihood of injury to the body and to maintain stability.
- Bodily organ function- yoga can improve elimination, digestion, respiration, and circulation!
- Immune function- lower stress hormones that compromise the immune system
As Abi puts it “IM ON A MISSION TO BRING THIS ANCIENT DISCIPLINE TO THE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE TRAINING HARD, PUSHING LIMITS AND CHASING FLOW.”
The program is designed to enhance Athletic Performance and Athletic Recovery. It helps reduce the risk of injury, increases longevity, reduces sleep, reduces stress, relieves muscular pain…
Shall we go on?
All from a nice and warm temperature controlled space right here in Geelong. With the introduction of our new daytime classes, this is going to be a month of new experiences. Fuelling the passion and community that is Crank&Grind!
Call us now for our Yoga Info 0412287245